This is the story of a purely volunteer effort based only on passionate and intense long night hours and weekends outside of our daily domestic and work responsibilities. These efforts have been fun, challenging and stimulating. We would not trade them for the world. We believe this is the story of an idea that was acted upon to better the world.
- Chair: Dianne Haley, GISP, CEO, DMH GIS Consulting, Calgary, Alberta. URISA President 2005
- Allen Ibaugh, AICP, GISP, President and CEO, Data Transfer Solution, Orlando, FL, URISA Board of Directors 2003-2006, URISA President 2013
- David Litke, GIS Section Chief/Hydrologist, Colorado Water Science Center, U.S. Geological Survey, Denver, Colorado (retired)
- German Whitley, GISP, Wildfire GIS Specialist, Corvallis, Oregon, GISCorps member & volunteer since 2010
- Founder: Shoreh Elhami, GISP, Citywide GIS Manager, City of Columbus, OH, URISA Board of Directors 2004-2007
Dianne Haley Allen Ibaugh Shoreh Elhami
Dave Litke German Whitley
Past Core Committee Members
- Mark J. Salling, Ph.D., GISP, Director, Northern Ohio Data & Information Service (NODIS) College Fellow, Maxine Goodman Levin College of Urban Affairs, Cleveland State University. URISA Board of Directors 2003-2005
- Heather Milton, GISP, Senior GIS Specialist, URS St Louis MO, GISCorps Member & Volunteer since 2004
- Carol Kraemer, GIS Specialist, Tennessee Department of Transportation
- Cindy Braddock, Business Analyst/GIS Manager, Boulder County Assessor's Office, Boulder, CO, URISA Board of Directors 2008-2010
- Ray DeLeon, Senior Project Manager, HJW GeoSpatial, Oakland, CA, GISCorps Member & Volunteer since 2004
- Ingrid Bruce, GIS/Special Districts Manager, City of Rancho Cucamonga, CA, URISA Board of Directors 2005-2008
- Co-founder: Juna Papajorgji, Ph.D., Adjunct Lecturer, Department of Urban & Regional Planning, University of Florida. URISA Board of Directors 2007-2009
- Co-founder: Martha Lombard, URISA President 2003. Spatial Focus, Birmingham, Alabama.
- Co-founder: Ed Wells, URISA President 2007. CTO, Washington DC.
- Kevin Sato, Utah; Frank Chang, Nevada; Tom Conry, Virginia; and Sanjiv Gandhi, Florida.